The Bible presents general principles that permit us to determine the rightness or wrongness of actions (even those not mentioned in the Bible).
We can ask the following questions:
- “Can it be done for the glory of God? (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Can it be done “in the name of the Lord Jesus” asking His blessing on the activity? (John 14:13).
- Can it be done while sincerely giving thanks to God?
- Is it a Christlike action? (1 John 2:6).
- Will it weaken the sincere convictions of other Christians? (1 Corinthians 8:10-11).
- Will it weaken my desire for spiritual things, God’s Word, and prayer? (Luke 8:14; Matthew 5:6).
- Will it weaken or hinder my witness for Christ? (Matthew 5:13-16)” (Author Unknown).